*SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS*Here’s a list of just some of the things I learned when reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (This post is Riddled with spoilers – pun intended)
- Albus is a Slytherin
He also doesn’t like being at Hogwarts, he doesn’t enjoy Quidditch and he struggles with magic. He thinks this makes him different to Harry but what he doesn’t realise is Harry was a bit of an outcast too.
- His best friend is Draco’s son, Scorpius.
Scorpius is basically Hermione – he loves to learn and want to follow the rules. He is the most un-Malfoy Malfoy of all the Malfoys. Thank goodness for that.
- Ron is working at Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes
Taking place of his brother Fred, Ron helps George run the joke shop.
- Harry is head of Magical Law Enforcement
He became an auror just like he always wanted. He still doesn’t enjoy paperwork though – Hermione still has to help out with that.
- Hermione is MINISTER FOR MAGIC!
Of course she is. Can you imagine her settling for anything less?
- Aunt Petunia died sometime during the ‘19 years’ between the Battle of Hogwarts and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
She left Harry his baby blanket. The one he was wrapped in when he was left on her doorstep. So. Cute.
- Harry’s temper is just as bad as it always was
Harry always had a pretty dreadful temper, especially in the Order of the Phoenix. It turns out some things never change! Albus has a bit of a temper too.
- The Trolley Witch on the Hogwarts Express hasn’t just been selling food since 1830 but she is also there to stop the kids from leaving the train.
She tries to stop Albus and Scorpius from leaving the train, stating that Sirius Black and his friends, Fred and George have all tried to escape before but she stopped them. Her hands transfigure to claws in order to stop the boys from leaving the train.
- Whilst Harry and Hermione have learned to accept Draco – Ron still hasn’t forgiven him for being a nightmare in school
Draco seems to enjoy being a part of their team but Ron doesn’t feel the same way.
- Bane is just as unhelpful always
Unless you want directions on how to get out of his forest, Bane is very unhappy to help.
- Before Ron and Hermione’s wedding ceremony, Ron got very drunk and doesn’t remember much that happened afterwards.
He wants to renew their wedding vows. Sober.
- In an alternative time where Voldemort lives – A Blood Ball and keeping muggle borns in dungeons is the norm.
Umbridge is Headmistress of Hogwarts, Snape is alive, Harry is dead and everyone celebrates ‘Voldemort Day’. What a mess.
- Back in real time – Voldemort had a daughter with Bellatrix Lestrange.
Her name is Delphi and she was born sometime before the Battle of Hogwarts. I’m not sure how child birth works out in the Wizarding world but clearly 9 months of pregnancy does not stop a witch from participating in dark magic and taking over the world.
- Scorpius is crazy about Rose Granger-Weasley
As cute as that relationship would be, Scorpius only likes Rose because he hasn’t realised that him and Albus are obviously supposed to be together. There is sooo much chemistry.
- There is more than one ‘Cursed Child’
Delphi, Albus, Scorpius, Harry. All of them are living with a weight on their shoulders.
- Being back in the Wizarding World, even for a little while, was wonderful.
Catching up with Harry, Ron and Hermione and being back at Hogwarts made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Even if it was just for a day, it was such a great feeling.