I am a big fan of Rainbow Rowell and this October, her next book Carry On will
finally be available to read! So here is what Rainbow has told us so far…
– It is being released on Oct. 6, 2015
-There are no Advanced Reader Copies. Nobody can read it until the release date!
– It was inspired by fictional fanfiction of a fictional series
– It is a love story
– Carry On is a standalone novel however reading Fangirl will introduce you to its hero, Simon Snow, and his nemesis, Baz
– It is Rainbow’s first fantasy novel
– It is being written as if by Rainbow Rowell not Cath or Gemma T. Leslie
Simon Snow is the worst Chosen One who’s ever been chosen.
That’s what his roommate, Baz, says. And Baz might be evil and a vampire and a complete git, but he’s probably right.
Half the time, Simon can’t even make his wand work, and the other half, he sets something on fire. His mentor’s avoiding him, his girlfriend broke up with him, and there’s a magic-eating monster running around wearing Simon’s face. Baz would be having a field day with all this, if he were here—it’s their last year at the Watford School of Magicks, and Simon’s infuriating nemesis didn’t even bother to show up.
Carry On is a ghost story, a love story, and a mystery. It has just as much kissing and talking as you’d expect from a Rainbow Rowell story — but far, far more monsters.